David S. Rich is the founding member of the Law Offices of David S. Rich, LLC.
Mr. Rich litigates civil, commercial, employment, and securities matters in federal and state courts in New York and New Jersey, and arbitrates such matters before FINRA and other arbitral bodies. Mr. Rich also litigates appeals.
Mr. Rich has represented clients in, among other civil and commercial matters, breach of contract actions, business torts cases, bankruptcy and adversary proceedings, civil racketeering actions, oppressed minority shareholder disputes, product liability litigation, franchisor-franchisee litigation, qui tam actions, divorce actions and post-divorce judgment proceedings.
Mr. Rich has represented clients in, among other labor, employment, and employee benefits matters, breach of employment contract actions, employment discrimination cases, retaliatory discharge actions, sexual harassment cases, unfair labor practice proceedings, actions for breach of non-competition or non-solicitation agreements, workers’ compensation cases, audits by federal and state departments of labor, ERISA actions to recover pension or health benefits, and employee benefit funds’ actions to recover withdrawal liability payments and delinquent ERISA contributions.
Mr. Rich has represented clients in, among other securities matters, securities fraud cases, breach of fiduciary duty actions, actions for breach of investment management contracts, and arbitration proceedings to recover unpaid bonuses.
Before founding the Law Offices of David S. Rich, LLC, Mr. Rich was a partner of a boutique litigation firm in New York City. Mr. Rich also served as an associate of two prominent, mid-sized law firms in New York City and New Jersey, respectively. Mr. Rich has litigated many noteworthy cases, such as JLM Chems., Inc. v. Summit Resource Group, Inc., No. 08-CV-10296, 2009 WL 1108662 (S.D.N.Y. Apr. 24, 2009); Barron Partners, LP v. Lab123, Inc., No. 07-CV-11135, 2009 WL 129043 (S.D.N.Y. Jan. 20, 2009); Barron Partners, LP v. Lab123, Inc., No. 07-CV-11135, 2008 WL 2902187 (S.D.N.Y. July 25, 2008); Pastore v. Witco Corporation Severance Plan, 196 Fed.Appx. 18, 2006 WL 2335161 (2d Cir. 2006); and Donohue v. Teamsters Local 282 Welfare, Pension, Annuity, Job Training & Vacation & Sick Leave Trust Funds, 12 F. Supp.2d 273 (E.D.N.Y. 1998).
- New York; New Jersey; District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Juris Doctor Degree, Columbia University School of Law, New York, NY, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1991 (Honors in English; Benjamin Franklin Scholar)
- AV (Preeminent) Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- New York Metro Super Lawyer – Employment & Labor – 2015 and 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Motions Law Clerk, 1995-1996
- Hon. Michael W. Farrell, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, 1994-1995